Monday, November 7, 2011

Grandma Emmy Cont...



Family Unity



Mosiah 18:21


And he commanded them that there should be no contention one with another, but that they should look forward with one eye, having one faith and one baptism, having their hearts knit together in unity and in love one towards another.




When I was just 6 or 7 years old my parents and all of my aunts and uncles began building a family cabin. I have memories of spending evenings building forts and playing in the woods while my dad and uncles hammered away into the night. The cabin became a fun place to gather with family and friends. As I grew older I learned that the cabin was a dream of my Grandma Emmy’s—to have a place where all her family could be together, strengthen one another, and have fun together. Grandma Emmy mortgaged her own home to provide financing for the cabin. The cabin continues to bless Grandma’s children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren. I am at the cabin as I type this, enjoying a fun vacation with Kevin and our kids. If asked what was most important to my Grandma Emmy, I would say without hesitation, that it was her faith and her family. She understood what mattered most and her life reflected it in the way she lived every single day.






Cousins Camp 2011


My parents grand kids gathered at the family cabin for our annual cousins camp!



No comments:

Post a Comment