Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My Inspiration


I tried to find a picture of this book online but it's out of print so I took a picture of my copy (well, actually it's my brother-in-law Danial's copy...he collects old books...I borrowed it from him 7 years ago, thanks Danial). I wanted to make it a real nice picture so I moved all the clutter off the counter and added these dried flowers which I retrieved from the top shelf in my laundry room...in doing so I found all kinds of "treasures" I didn't know were up there. As I removed the layers of dust from the jar I was reminded of how badly I need this blog!
Daryl Hoole (from here out I'll just refer to her as D) says in her book, It is sad to hear a woman lament (I had to look that word up, it means--to express sorrow, to mourn), "I am just a housewife." If only she could realize that she is a homemaker by divine appointment. Making a home is a special mission for a woman. It is no accident. This is where God intended her to be...This task is second in importance to none...running a home challenges any other role in requiring intelligence, ingenuity, and abilities unnumbered. It can offer the most noble accomplishment and can bring the greatest joy and satisfaction of any type of work. We women must be proud to be homemakers.
I am proud to be a homemaker (and an American) and hope that my mother, Aunt Jeri, Aunt Pam, sisters, sister-in-laws, and the couple of friends who will read my blog, are proud to be homemakers too! If all goes well, I'll be an even better homemaker at the close of 2010!
Tune in January 1st for my first project...drum roll...the shelves in the laundry room!

11 comments:

  1. You are truly an inspiration! Post early in the morning so that I can shadow what you are doing in my home. I no long want to live vicariously through you...I want to be a great homemaker, wife and mother too. Thanks for being such a great example and big sister! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU will be my inspiration! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Becky, look at you go! I was under the impression that you ARE a great homemaker! I have always been impressed with your homemaking and mothering skills. You are already a great example to many people. If you keep improving, you may want to say just one tiny swear word each day so you won't be translated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Aunt Jeri--stay tuned you will see a whole new side of me, if you only new...one of my other new years resolutions is to stop swearing...I have a little problem with the words "hell" and "damn"--I guess I'm my Grandpa Moon's Granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Becky! Your best inspiration will be all of us checking in on you and watching your progress. I have the original Tapes that Daryl Hoole made to go with the book. Still great info! This will be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad to hear you have a swearing problem. When Dakota came with us to the basketball game, Hayden sat in gum and had it all over his pants and I said, "Oh my h---" and I thought, "Oh, no - I swore in front of Dakota, he's probably never heard that before!" lol ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a little disappointed about this blog..."dirty little secrets" I was hoping it was a little bit spicey in nature if you know what I mean. Can't wait to check in Becky, this really is a great idea! Love, Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm trying to resolve to get back on the Molly Homemaker path as well! I've left that side of me somewhere years ago. BUT.. with a new fabulous house that has space for me to put things, a kitchen I might enjoy cooking in, and lots of beautification projects to complete, I'm with you on this! :~)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh and the book that inspired me, many years ago, was an Oprah favorite called Simple Abundance by Sarah Ban Breathnach. I still have them. Should probably read them again. You can probably get them at the library. But in the first book, she talks about "home caring." I liked that term for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found your blog by way of Rachael Terry's facebook page. Her son is dating my daughter.
    Anyway...short story long, I found your blog and I LOVE the concept! Mind if I follow along?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Trish, glad to have you as a follower! With 7 kids you could probably teach us all a thing or two!

    ReplyDelete