Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Love Those Shelves!

BEFORE...

There is more work to be done in the laundry area but I couldn't stand these Christmas cards up not one more day! I told myself I couldn't take them down until I was ready to clean the shelf above them so today is the day!


I LOVE cute shelves! I've put up a lot of shelves over the years--actually it's my dad who hangs them for me. Every time we hang a shelf he says, "Do you want to paint the top of this? "No", I always say, "Who's going to see it?" So, yet another secret is out, I NEVER paint the tops of my shelves.

See those Christmas lights...I put them up 4 years ago for a little mood lighting in the evenings. They stopped working about 2 years ago. It's about time I took them down.



Oh the dust! It's been so long since I cleaned this shelf and the stuff on it that much of the dust has evolved to grime...there aren't many things worse than grime.



THE TOOLS







THE PROCEDURE

I removed my Christmas cards and took all the items off the shelf. Then we (I had a cute little helper today) began cleaning the shelf and everything that was on it.




My type of craft project...a little ribbon, some mini clothes pins and WALAH your very own Christmas card displayer!



D says an IH has the courage to be happy and strives to live above the grievous faults and moodiness, sulkiness, and complaining. She is gracious and thoughtful and is consequently adored by her family and admired by all who know her.
It would seem I have some work to do in this area. A couple of my family members did not admire the way I arranged the new items on my shelf...in fact they criticized my creative work! I wasn't gracious or thoughtful in my reaction--I gave them both a pretty dirty look.
Maybe I should apologize for that.




AFTER...




My 5 year old informed me "It's not springtime mom!" So I took down most of the spring/summer stuff and replaced them with my very humble collection of snowmen.

Tomorrow, we deal with the "Coat Hallway".


1 comment:

  1. I love that the snowmen I have given you take priority on that shelf! Very well done!

    ReplyDelete