Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Window Casings

BEFORE...

This could very well be the most boring picture I have ever taken.
I'm not sure if you can tell by the picture but when I painted the casings 4 1/2 years ago I only did a primer coat so the old pink color shows through the white.

THE TOOLS

THE PROCEDURE
The pictures don't show the pink very well so you'll just have to take my word for it.
This was fast and easy...I just pulled out my high gloss white paint and brushed a generous coat onto the casings.


AFTER...

No more pink and lots of shine!

Once it dried I put back the blinds and don't they look nice...

Not only are they clean but the smell of dust has been replaced with fresh paint--love that!

D says While washing dishes, ironing, putting up hair, or performing other routine work with your hands (like cleaning blinds and painting window casings), use your mind by working out the next day's schedule--to be jotted down later. It's also a good idea to prepare lessons and talks for church during this time or to plan menus, parties or other activities.
I almost forgot, I found out Sunday that my mother-in-law has met D! AND been to a seminar at her house AND seen in her drawers and closets--seriously, D let all the ladies look through her entire house.
D truly is the Homemaking Queen!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, how many years ago did that take place? I wish I could have gone to her home and looked in her closets, but then I probably would have gone into a depession. haha Soooooo, probably a good thing that I didn't get to. The window looks sa nice!!!

    ReplyDelete