Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Changing Seasons...

BEFORE...

I *think* summer is finally here.
Time to put away the winter clothes.
I asked my 8 and 5 year old to go through their drawers and fold all of their winter pants and tops.
Here's how I found the 5 year old's "folded" clothes...

This is just one of the 6 drawers we sorted through...all 6 pretty much looked like this.

At least they start out folded.

THE TOOL


THE PROCEDURE
Found a flower, why didn't I think to look there.
First I sorted through the clothes the girls had taken out of their drawers.
Then I pulled everything out of their drawers and sorted some more.
A few clothes went into the DI bag.
The summer clothes were folded and put into the drawers.
The winter clothes went downstairs into my clearly labeled bins :)


AFTER...

Glad to have a picture of this...
it won't take long for the girls to reorganize their drawers.
Since we're on the subject of clothing.
D says Select clothing that doesn't require ironing, or invest in permanent press fabrics which require only a light press with the steam iron. Fold sheets, towels, and household linens without ironing. The ironing is a good place to eliminate non-essentials and thereby save time for more important activities.
I don't iron--maybe only once a quarter.
Glad to have your support D.





No comments:

Post a Comment