Friday, July 2, 2010

Peach Jam

It's been almost 2 years since I made peach jam.
My produce co-op had a great price on 25#'s of peaches so I figured now is as good a time as any.
BEFORE...


THE TOOLS


THE PROCEDURE
First, I threw on a hat and ran to the store to pick up some apple juice.


Then I read the instructions
and started peeling and dicing.


I boiled the pectin, apple juice, and lemon juice.


Then added the fruit.
I realized my fruit was too chunky so I pulled out my chopper...MUCH FASTER than my knife.


This recipe is flexible in the type and amount of sugar or other sweetener you add.
I only added 1 cup of sugar, which is far less than other recipes.
Tasted great!


At this point it's 10:30am and I have 12 or so nieces and nephews arriving at noon for Cousin's Camp so I needed to move things along.
I had 3 more batches to make so I combined them into one big batch.


AFTER...


And then it was on to Cousin's Camp...here are a few of them shooting their homemade rockets.

D says to Form a "child-pool" with other willing mothers and rotate toddlers around the neighborhood several hours a week. This is lots of fun for the children and enables the mothers to have a few free hours occasionally in which to accomplish work without their "help".
We're celebrating the 4th of July Monday.
Happy Independence Day!
See you Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment