Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cleaning Around the Skylight...

I will apologize ahead of time for these
B-O-R-I-N-G
pictures...you kind of had to be here (at 7pm, again) to appreciate the filth.
BEFORE...


You can see the dirt a little better on the picture below...but you'll have to look close.
I had every intention of getting started on this project at 9am.
But decided to eat breakfast instead...and then got repeatedly side tracked for the next 4 hours, it's a problem I have.
I was ready to go again at 1pm...but when I got to the top of the ladder the temperature up there was like 15 degrees hotter and it was so bright I couldn't get any sort of picture... so I opted to rock the baby instead.


THE TOOLS


I wasn't high enough to get all of it myself so I had to pull out this little helper TOOL...

THE PROCEDURE
As mentioned earlier, didn't get started 'til 7pm.
After I changed into my pj's.
I sprayed and wiped down all I could with the rag and finished up with the mop.
It was still beastly hot up there but I powered through it.




AFTER...



It looks sooo much better.
Trust me.

D shares more on scheduling...A schedule--or a program--can work for you if you really WANT it to. If you look for excuses, you'll find them. But if you are determined to make it succeed, you can. If your schedule fails the first day, try again and again. Each time you do so you'll find that you can be just a little more effective in carrying out. Then it won't be too long before you will be enjoying the countless benefits and advantages that a good schedule, wisely used, offers.
I would say that I am a good flexible scheduler these days, very very flexible.




2 comments:

  1. Yep, that’s definitely a flexible schedule for cleaning. Haha! Anyway, it’s a good thing that your skylight seems like the type that’s easy to be cleaned, so you didn’t need more preparation time. To further enjoy that clear view, it is advisable to clean your skylight once every two months. Cleaning actually got easier than before though, which means that you can do it more frequently.

    Regards,
    Willie Norman

    ReplyDelete
  2. “A schedule – or a program – can work for you if you really WANT it to.” – I couldn’t agree more! By being diligent and faithful to your plans, you’ll soon realize that discipline will reap you benefits in a long run. With skylight cleaning, it’ll be easier to clean it if you set a regular cleaning program since it’ll still be clean from the last time you did.


    Scarlet Weingarten

    ReplyDelete