Monday, August 2, 2010

Cleaning "The Ledge"

This week we'll be using
THIS TOOL


BEFORE...

This is "the ledge" that has never not once been properly dusted--as you'll see below...

See those little finger prints?
The only way that could have happened is if a child stood on the back of the couch (standing on the furniture is strictly prohibited)...probably the 11 year old trying to retrieve one of his slime balls he likes to chuck up to the ceiling (throwing anything in the living room is strictly prohibited).
Those slime balls provide him with hours of entertainment.
Doesn't take much.


The rest of THE TOOLS


THE PROCEDURE
I sent the husband over to the parent's house to borrow my dad's very very tall ladder.
I vacuumed first.
Then noticed the top of this picture needed dusting so I took care of that.
Then I wiped the entire ledge down with a wet towel.



AFTER...

I'm not sure how a professional painter such as myself did such a crappy paint job...but it's clean and I may or may not paint it again. I mean, already I'm breaking one of my own rules,
"If you can't see it don't dust it."

D says I've found that the most beneficial act in putting a schedule into operation is to GET AN EARLY START.
Today I started my project at 7pm.
I'm having a hard time pulling out of "vacation mode".
It's an excellent idea to sleep no longer than necessary and then to arise as soon as you awake. An extra hour's work before breakfast time can set the day running so smoothly that nearly double the amount of work can be accomplished than if you start out behind. Remember: "An ounce of morning is worth a pound of afternoon," and as we read in Poor Richard's Almanac, "He that riseth late must trot all day, and shall scarce overtake his business at night".

So true.
I'll get back on track tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment