Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Cleaning Rugs

BEFORE...

This is one of 6 rugs that needed cleaning.


THE TOOLS
I also used the hose and sprayer.


THE PROCEDURE
I lined all of the rugs up on the driveway.
Sprayed all the spots with Quick Job.
And then attempted to "power wash" the rugs with my very powerful, but not quite powerful enough, sprayer... over and over and over.
I was wishing I would've let the husband get that real power washer he's been wanting for his boat.
The stains wouldn't budge.
So I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed.
My little Dobie did a pretty good job of getting the stains out but my arm was ready to fall off by the time I finished.
Then I sprayed them again, over and over and over.


AFTER...

I went out to get them at 8:30 tonight and they weren't quite dry so I'll have to put them away in the morning.

D says Small rugs placed over your carpet will help to keep the carpet clean, but if they have hard backs, they will also cause the carpet to wear faster by creating friction as you walk.

Well, only 3 more days of Summer Vacation.
We are partied out.
I am exhausted.
The children are still going to bed after 10pm.
I should probably get them on their school schedule this week but I'm just too tired to care.

No comments:

Post a Comment