Thursday, September 30, 2010

An Unplanned Project

I had a very FUN project planned for today...
The husband still has my camera--somewhere in the great outdoors hunting deer.
He was so excited to go on the muzzleloader hunt--he's always up for a new hunting adventure.
The daughter needed her camera for a school project so my plan was to do my very FUN project after she got home from school.

I went about my morning routine, which was filled with many exciting projects...

Making Lunches
Making French Toast and Eggs for Breakfast
Cleaning Bathrooms
Cleaning Bedrooms
Doing Dishes...and that's where the unplanned project started.

As I was putting away a sauce pan I was greeted with

mouse droppings.

I investigated further and it seems the mouse infiltrated 2 cupboards.
I cleaned up the mess.
Washed tons of dishes.
And then went on a hunt to figure out how the mouse
(thinking positive that it was only 1)
got in the house.

I found 2 possible areas.
I did my best to seal the holes.

Too bad the husband isn't here with the camera...and too bad the husband isn't here to take care of the problem.



A few of the clean dishes.



One of THE TOOLS used to close up a hole.



After dinner I decided to make pumpkin oatmeal cookies.
To make me feel better.
And in honor of the month of October which begins tomorrow!
Who doesn't love the smell of cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg?!


D has nothing to say about mice...

She does recommend Arranging spices in alphabetical order on shelf for easier finding.

The fun project will have to wait until tomorrow.



1 comment:

  1. Man, I hate it when that happens. You need to go to IFA and get some of the bricks, (mine are yellow, I have seen blue ones too. They are so much better than decon. Put them close to the walls and behind stuff like the fridge, washer and etc, where little fingers can't reach it. Also, duct tape won't stop them, they will just chew through it, you need to get the really cheap steel wool, and shove it in the holes or cracks. They hate it. Love ya sa much and will miss you at the cabin!!!

    ReplyDelete