Wednesday, August 24, 2011

BFF Project...Crock Pot White Chicken Chili

My cousin's wife, Rachel has a GREAT recipe for White Chicken Chili. I've made it for the family before but I have wanted to try it in the crock pot so I tweaked the recipe a little.


THE RECIPE


1 lb precooked shredded chicken


2 TBS dried onion


1/2 tsp garlic powder


2 cans white beans


2 cups chicken broth


1 tsp salt


1 tsp cumin


1 tsp oregano


1/2 tsp pepper


1 cup sour cream


1 cup half & half




Throw everything but the chicken, sour cream and half & half into the crock pot. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4. Add chicken, sour cream and half & half and cook on low for another hour or so.


I also made some corn bread to go with it.

We added cheese and the secret ingredient to assure EVERYONE would eat it...

You can never, ever go wrong around this house with bacon!

I tried to find a quote from D about bacon but there was nothing...I should ask her if she has any feelings on the subject of bacon. She does give the following advice about preparing meals...After I have greeted the children and they are busy with homework or other after-school activities, I complete the dinner preparations from a menu made out on a weekly basis. This way, I am never distressed over what to eat tonight, and we have a much better meal when things are planned rather than thrown together. I can coordinate menus with busy days and out-of-the house days so there is always a nourishing meal ready at dinnertime.







No comments:

Post a Comment