Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The 1/2 Bath...5th and FINAL Phase!

Oh the joy I felt as we purchased this new toilet!
When we moved in we needed 4 new toilets...after today, we're 50% there!

The husband ended up having to go into the office today...so the Dad...or as my kids call him, "Papa Tom" came to my rescue and installed our toilet!

I can't speak for him, but I'm pretty sure it was the highlight of his day!

I borrowed him my little helper!

Here's a couple of other "Before" and "After" pics...

I know, it's so horrendous...it too will be replaced with a can light one day.

D says...I find it terribly frustrating to try to work on a special project while the house is disorderly or dishes are stacked in the sink, but i find that by looking forward to working on a special project after the routine work is finished, I enjoy the work more and get it done much faster. Then the special project is like the dessert after a nourishing meal.
My special project was "accessorizing" the bathroom.
It is the icing on the cake after all the hard work...or as D would say, the dessert after a nourishing meal!

I looked forward to my special project all day...
as I cleaned the kitchen, 3 separate times...as I picked up my oldest son from school and took him to a Dr appointment (Have you ever seen a mole removed? Oh my word, he had to have stitches on the inside and the outside after the big chunk of skin was taken out)...then I picked up two of my daughters from school and took them to their violin concert (they were amazing by the way...I get all misty every time I see them perform)...then it was back home and I threw together dinner--Taco's, I love Taco's, the rest of the family just tolerates them (yes, they are weird, who doesn't love Taco's?)...then my cute sister came over so I could copy some pictures from her camera--which I've been trying to do for over a week so I had to get them tonight...then I had to make a Walmart run because I needed a rug for the bathroom (this picture was taken in the parking lot of the Walmart).
It was 10pm by the time I finished all the routine work and could do my special project...I'm worthless after 8pm so it took a lot longer than it should have but I finished and I'm so glad to FINALLY have this little bathroom DONE!


Well, almost done.
I still need to replace the pictures above the toilet with some of my own, the toilet needs one more part before it will actually fill with water, and I need to put the bathroom door back on.
Try as I may, I can't quite get past being an Almoster.

No comments:

Post a Comment