Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The Storage Room

When I read on Cheri's blog (http://chericarroll.blogspot.com/) that the fly lady says you can do anything for 15 minutes, it reminded me of when I was pregnant with my 3rd child...I was talking to my OB about having him with no pain meds and she said, "You can do anything for 24 hours, including hard labor".
I trusted her.
She lied.
I only had an hour and a half of hard labor and it about killed me. Needless to say, he was the ONLY baby I had without an epidural.
BEFORE...

Not too bad, it could be worse...

and it is.
This area was completely cleaned and organized about 6 months ago...in the mean time the kids have grown out of old clothes and toys and this is where they've dumped them.


THE TOOLS



THE PROCEDURE

I set the timer for 15 minutes...I worked for about 7 then the phone rang.
I answered it...BBA--turn OFF the phone while in the midst of a project.

The distractions are endless for us homemakers, aren't they!
The timer went off while I was on the phone so I had to start the 15 minutes over.


This was what it looked like at the end of the 15 minutes plus the 7 I was on the phone.
I couldn't leave it like that so I set the timer for another 15 minutes...still couldn't get it done so I set it for 15 more.


I was NOT wanting to be an Almoster today so I even pulled out the shop vac and took care of this
...and vacuumed out all the corners and cob webs.



When I finally took the time last Summer to take all the kids old clothes out of boxes and sort them into these clearly labeled bins, it made my life oh SO much easier!


DI Stuff

AFTER...



D asks us, "How can you make each minute and even every second count? How can you be pleased at the close of the day with how you've spent your time?
The answer lies in budgeting your time just as you would your money. Don't be fooled by the clock. there are only as many hours in the day as you make use of.
My 15 minute project ended up taking me about an hour.
I do budget my time like I budget my money...when I go to the store thinking I will spend about $25, I usually leave having spent $100.
Maybe I'll have better luck with a 15 minute project tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment