Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Large Hall Closet

BEFORE...
The picture below shows the worst of it.


THE TOOLS

The 11 year old chose this neat little flying bug this morning for his prize at the dentists office.
Go ahead and take a guess at what it's called...

A Cockchafer

...the kids kept saying it over and over in the car on our way to school...the 13 year old and 11 year old were arguing as to how you pronounce it.
I could not stop laughing.
In case you were wondering, the Cockchafer is also known as a may bug, billy witch, or spang beetle, and it is a European beetle of the genus Melolontha, in the family Scarabaeidae.


THE PROCEDURE
Same as yesterday...cleared everything out and stacked it down the hall. Wiped down the shelves, put all the easy stuff away, went through everything that needed sorting, and finally, added a big box of stuff to my new DI pile.
I could've finished sooner but I happened upon some old pictures of my 3 oldest when they were about 2, 4 and 6...I had to look through all of them. Then the husband got home and I had to show them all to him. It got me all misty. They were so cute back then.




AFTER...

So much space...with so many possibilities!

The shop vac is the ONLY thing on the floor.

D says ORDER IS ONE OF THE FIRST LAWS OF HEAVEN. It is essential in the heavens; otherwise chaos would rule. Order is just as essential in our homes, if, instead of chaos, we want a neat, smoothly functioning home and peace of mind. It can become every bit as easy to put clothes, papers, books, and other items WHERE THEY BELONG as to throw them over a chair, on a table or on the mantle. It is a matter of habit.
Until tomorrow when we visit the coat closet.


1 comment:

  1. Good morning, I decided I needed to see the latest projects. It's 4:14 am. It's hard to use my computer sometimes as a certain young lady is on it when I want to use it. haha The closets look so nice, I love it!!! Think I'll go back to bed now. Loved the information on the toy from the dentist. I learn all kind of stuff on this blog.

    ReplyDelete