Monday, March 15, 2010

The Small Hall Closet

BEFORE...
The closet shelves serve many purposes...they store towels, sheets, picture frames, a few notebooks and the husband's prized collection of bobble heads, which he's convinced will be worth a fortune some day.

The lower section of the closet holds the husband's coats and jackets and his awesome collection of cabana wear for the beach trips we don't take nearly enough of.
On the floor is a box of journals hidden by my beloved shop vac.

THE TOOLS

THE PROCEDURE
I cleared the shelves, and the floor.
The husband's coats and cabana wear stayed put.

I sorted through the frames and most of them went into the DI pile.
The husband agreed to let these priceless babies go to the DI too!


AFTER...

This is now a linen closet...well the top is anyway.
I found new homes for the box of journals and shop vac.

D tells us to KEEP NEAT CLOSETS AND DRAWERS.
Now that you're working toward a place for everything and everything in its place, be neat and tidy about each drawer and closet. It's well worth the second's extra time to FOLD something away instead of carelessly stuffing it in a drawer.
Let me insert here the JOY and PEACE I have found in having a place for everything and everything in its place...I have saved SO much time being able to find things!
Tomorrow we move onto the BIG hall closet!



No comments:

Post a Comment