Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Office Project...Cont.

BEFORE...
My dining room table doubles as part of my office 5 out of 7 days a week (I always clear it for Sunday dinner)...

along with the floor in the dining room...


and one of the hall closets...

some of that is the husband's office too...

and here is the rest of his office on the counter in the family room.

AFTER...

My space is on the left and the husband's is on the right.
I organized my little heart out.
Everything has a home!

The husband likes to pace himself with many of his projects...it took him exactly 24 days to unpack his little duffel bag from our vacation last month.
Which is why I couldn't wait for him to organize his space before taking the after picture.
(Sorry forgot to take a picture of inside the closet...trust me, it looks great!)
This took me all day...I started at 8am and finished at 9:30pm.
The husband and the kids were a great help.
I ended up organizing a lot more than what you see here because we were also working on clearing out my son's room downstairs, a few things in the little girls room and the dining room.
I didn't finish getting the little boy moved down with the big boy so I'll have to push that to Monday's project.

And order is restored to the dining room!
If there are others out there who like to pace themselves D has a great story for you!
Years ago a man was concerned about finding time to move the large woodpile out by the "privy" nearer to his home. He just couldn't find the several hours it would require to do the job due to his many cares as a farmer. Finally one morning an idea occurred to him. Each time he visited the "privy" he could carry an armload of wood back to the house! Within a few weeks the woodpile had been moved--what had seemed like the impossible had been accomplished.

See you Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is amazing, you must be feeling better. I can't believe you got all that done in one day. We need to give you a new name, "Becky the Wonder Woman!!!!" Do you need any help for Sat.?

    ReplyDelete