Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Cleaning out the Filing Cabinet

D suggests we
LEARN THE FUN OF FILING
Filing is the most systematic and successful method of taking care of papers and similar items. Besides this, filing can be lots of fun--once it gets into your blood it can be a most fascinating hobby.

In order to move forward with organizing my pictures I had to visit the filing cabinet.
Each of the kids has a file containing pictures as well as all kinds of other stuff--report cards, certificates, art projects, etc.
BEFORE...
No TOOLS today...just my sorting skills.
THE PROCEDURE
I pulled out all of their files...

and then went though each one.
The only thing I did was pull out all of the important documents like birth certificates and insurance info.

I relocated all of the important stuff to these smaller file folders, giving each child their own.
And then filed all of those away in our "Love Box".


AFTER...

Now I can move forward with organizing the pictures.
As for more filing...it must be done, eventually.
It gave me a headache just looking at all those files I need to sort through.
And that was only 1 drawer...bet you can't wait to see what's in the other 3.
Hopefully most of the files can be chucked since we've entered the paper-less world.
My goal is to finish the garage tomorrow--rain or shine!
There's just one area left :)

No comments:

Post a Comment