Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Organizing the "Big" Boy's Pictures

To all of you scrapbookers out there, this post could be painful.

BEFORE...

THE TOOLS


THE PROCEDURE
I've only scrapbooked my 16 year old's first 2 years of life so you can imagine the amount of pictures I have.
I tried the best I could to separate them by year.
This was not easy. None of them were labeled.
I ended up sorting a lot of them by the size of the boy's teeth...
Baby teeth--1999
Missing front teeth 2000
2 Permanent Buck teeth on top--2001
4 Permanent teeth on top--2002
In 2005 he grew his hair out like a girl so that year was easy.
He had braces and the same haircut for almost 4 years so those were tough to sort through.


Once I had them all sorted I filed them by year.


AFTER...

I figure organizing these pictures increased the odds of them making it into a scrapbook by 50%.

I thought today would be a good day to move on to

FACET #6
THE SIX W's

An ideal homemaker realizes that many of life's choicest blessing are gained only through hard work and therefore accepts work as a challenge and an opportunity rather than a burden.

You'll recall that we discussed THE TWO A's and another A (Attitude, Appearance, and Ambition) as essential factors in homemaking. Here is another magic formula for success:

THE SIX W's: WORK WILL WIN WHEN WISHING WON'T!

I've been wishing for years to have my scrapbooks up to date.
It's time I got to work.



No comments:

Post a Comment