Monday, August 30, 2010

Catching Up...Day 6!

The bad news is...I'm still doing boring catch up projects.
The good news is...I should finish catching up on Wednesday!
Today I dealt with the kitchen.
BEFORE...





Forgot THE TOOLS...I was a little distracted.
Today was the 5 year old's first day of Kindergarten!
She was SOOO excited to show me what she picked out to wear on her first day!

She felt pretty proud about how well the yellow stripes on her pants matched the yellow on her shirt.
I praised her for her fashion sense and then talked her into a different outfit :)

THE PROCEDURE
I basically went over the entire kitchen...cleaned a few drawers, cleaned the top and inside of the stove and microwave...


Vacuumed out the floor of the pantry, cleaned out the fridge and freezer and mopped the floor.


AFTER...




D says, In regards to heavy cleaning, some system is better than none, and some systems are better than others. Here's one I would suggest. Instead of it being a time of great upheaval with rugs rolled up, the furniture in the middle of every room throughout the house, tables covered with everything but food, and general havoc prevailing, it can be a time of satisfying orderly accomplishment.

Now that I've accomplished my project for today, I am free to read my latest book.
Mockingjay.
If you haven't read this series, you should.
Start with The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins,
It's great!



No comments:

Post a Comment