Monday, August 9, 2010

Cleaning Under My Bed

Didn't that birthday cake my sister made turn out so cute!


I still have more to do with the ladder but it requires a shopping trip and I just haven't been able to talk myself into it, maybe tomorrow.
BEFORE...

The last time I cleaned under my bed was when we carpeted in October of 08.
I was pleasantly surprised... it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.

No TOOLS
But here's a lovely yellow shirt I may wear tonight to the family reunion.


THE PROCEDURE
I had one of the nieces and one of the daughters pull everything out from under the bed.
The oldest daughter will be so happy I found the flip flop she borrowed so I will stop bugging her about losing it.
There wasn't much to chuck or put away.
The biggest thing was relocating the bins to a more accessible side of the bed.



AFTER...



Speaking of birthday cakes...D tells us Tiny children love to have a special birthday cake, perhaps shaped like a merry-go-round, or a choo-choo train frosted to fit specifications, or a cake shaped like a dog, butterfly, or some other animal.

My sister has made a choo-choo train cake and a butterfly cake--along with about 100 other cute cake creations.
My kids get to go to Costco to pick out their cakes.
Aren't they lucky!
I do make a 4-layered brownie sundae birthday cake for the little boy...he asks for one every year.
I'll be sure and take a picture and post it in November.


No comments:

Post a Comment